Getting ready for your big day can be stressful. We've compiled some tips and tricks for developing perfect bridal hairstyles for an autumn wedding to help reduce that stress.
Start With the Basics
For a modern, minimalist look try a slick and chic high ponytail. This style will draw attention to your earrings, necklace and most importantly – your face.
- Flat iron hair, if necessary, on the lowest heat setting.
- Use a paddle or cushion brush to create the pony. If your hair doesn't want to be slick and smooth, try using a small amount of product. Secure with an elastic band.
- Use a small section of hair from the bottom of the pony to wrap around the elastic band. Tuck hair end into the base and secure with a pin.
- Touch up hair ends with your flat iron.
If you're planning a romantic affair, try a braided chignon. This deceptively simple style creates instant romance.
- French braid a small section of hair along the side of your head.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Secure the braids and twists at the back of your head with an elastic band.
- Tuck remaining hair into the small braids.
|Image taken from Rich Club Girl|
A sleek bun is the base for an elegant bridal hairstyle for an autumn wedding. For a show-stopping do, try this technique. (Seriously … try this!)
- Find a tube sock close to your hair color. It doesn't have to match perfectly, but should be in the same color range. The longer the tube sock, the bigger the bun.
- Cut a quarter-sized hole in the toe of the sock, then roll it around itself until it resembles a doughnut.
- Pull your hair back into a ponytail where you'd like the center of your bun to be. Secure with an elastic band.
- Pull the ponytail through the center of the rolled sock.
- Spread your hair around the sock so that none of it shows. Secure with another elastic band.
- Wrap hair ends around the base of the bun and secure with pins. For longer hair, braid the remaining hair before wrapping around the bun.
|Image taken from Alpha Beta Pie|
Dress It Up
To dress up any of these basic styles, your options are only as limited as your imagination.
While debating ways to dress up your 'do, don't forget about your hair itself. Adding temporary streaks of color can create either a subtle or daring effect, depending on the color contrast. Choosing the colors of the season, such as reds and coppers, and creating the trendy Ombré look could add an additional layer of interest.
If you're unsure about coloring your hair, consider temporary extensions which can be clipped into place and removed easily. Fresh seasonal leaves and flowers can be braided to create a stunning crown. Great flowers for bridal hairstyles for an autumn wedding include aster, chrysanthemums, daisies, and delphinium.
Image taken from 4 The Wedding
With the popular wedding trend of the year being vintage, try repurposing antique items into hair accessories. An heirloom brooch can be converted to a hair clip for your “something old.” Add some floral wire and bobby pins to a pearl necklace and you've got a one-of-a-kind headband. Or a lace veil to incorporate a whimsical feel. Adding rustic vintage elements to your wedding is a perfect way to complement this time of year!
Keep in mind every hairstyle should reflect the design of your chosen gown. Whether you opt to go for vintage inspired, classic, or nonconforming, the message you speak with your hairstyle should fit into the overall conversation of your look. Popular bridal retailers like David’s Bridal and ave a plethora of newly added fall dresses for you to choose from to help you create a platform for your accompanying perfect hairstyle.
Be sure to decide on a hairstyle that you feel comfortable and beautiful with on your special day. Season’s come and go, but the memories associated with them are what make them forever.
written by:Rebecca Brown