today is super exciting because i have one of my besties from college guest blogging! Meet Cindy, or Cindyloo as we have always called her...cindy & i met back in college when she came to a house party i was throwing w/ another bestie of ours...lets just say after that night we never left each others sides..TEAM FROSTING...ok sorry inside joke...anyways Cindy is a professional photographer who started her own business Looky Loo Photography with her amazing husband Jeff. It wasn't a surprise to us though, she was always behind the camera in college capturing the perfect moment! Cindy like myself is OBSESSED with fashion & hair. She always is creating the cutest outfits & has fabulous hair. Besides running her own business she is a wonderful mommy to the cutest little boys, you should see their fashion! Cindy is one of the sweetest people I have ever met, she has the biggest heart. Not to mention she is so fun & can be a total goofball. Luckily for us she took time out of her hectic schedule to teach us some photography tips. So with that said let me introduce you to.......
Looky Loo Photography Tips w/ Cindyloo
As the lead photographer at Looky Loo Photography, I have decided to write on the mistakes I see people make in the photo world. Kelly was with me when my love affair with the camera began. I was the designated photographer for our summer-fun group: The USG. My talent has grown as well as my eye. But, as good as I get, the biggest piece to the photo puzzle is still the subject. We work together to make or break the photo. Let's be honest, when you hire someone to take your pics, you expect a jaw-dropping-cover-of-vogue result. These segments will tell you what you can do to help meet that goal.
First topic: Clothing Crisis. Question #1 after we've established date/time of a shoot is: WHAT DO I WEAR?! Here are 5 tips to answer that question:
1. Wear something you're comfortable in. While I can work miracles on love handles and arm fat- I cannot wipe that uncomfortable look off your face!
2. DO NOT hide from color! Bright and vibrant are much more appealing to look at than a family in jean suits. Look at the location of the shoot and pick colors that go with and stand out against it. DO NOT wear the same colors as your background- unless your intention is to blend in. And, while I'm on the topic of color, let's address matching. Coordinating color scheme= cute. Same exact outfit on each person= creepy. When choosing colors, remember the colors that look best on you, specifically, colors that bring out your eyes. One of the biggest factors in photography is how focused, intense, and beautiful a pictures looks is the eyes. I am good at enhancing eyes- but that's just it, I just enhance. I only work with the color that's already there- so do us a favor and give the best color possible to work with.
3. Don't shy away from pattern and texture- it adds so much life and excitement to a photo!
4. Don't worry about being "too trendy." I hear so many people say, "I don't want to look back in 20 years and wonder what I was wearing!" So, you want to look back and realize you had zero fashion sense? The best part about looking back at my HILARIOUS fashion statements of the 90's is knowing all my friends were rockin the same sweat suits and scrunchis. Be trendy- embrace the times!
5. Be you- your clothing is your chance to portray who you are. Wear what you love- Be Confident, Be Beautiful, Be You. But, most importantly, wear your smile! I love the "sexy serious face" as much as the next girl. But, don't forget to shed a smile here & there- if for nothing, to show that you were indeed happy that day! :)
Most of all- HAVE FUN! It shows in your body language, your eyes, and in your smile. So, sit back, enjoy the ride, and let your photographer worry about what you look like!!
if you are currently looking for professional photography please contact Cindy at 805.296.8585 or visit her website Looky Loo Photography! Isn't her family just the cutest!? So reading this post has made me reminisce a little so i thought why not share a few of our pictures from over the years....
|One of our St. Pattys, that's our other bestie Jess in the middle|